- State Bar of Georgia, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio
- Federal Courts
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Diplomate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Board Member, Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
We are proud of the results we have achieved for our clients. While past successes are not an indication or promise of future results, we have been successful in recovering substantial verdicts and settlements for our clients. Over one hundred cases have been tried to jury verdict and over five hundred cases have been settled. A representative sampling of recent cases follows:
- Pizano v. Unnamed Company, State Court of Clayton County Plaintiff had been out of work for a year and a half and was hired on through a temporary work agency, as defined in O.C.G.A. Section 38-8-46, to work for the borrowing employer. His leg was severely injured on the first day on the job when he was using a grinder without a protective guard. The Defendants contended the temporary agency provided workers compensation insurance which had paid all of Plaintiff's medical bills as well as workers compensation benefits and that any claims against the borrowing employer were precluded by O.C.G.A. Section 34-9-11 (workers compensation law). Plaintiff was able to defeat Summary Judgment by the Defendants and the case settled shortly before trial for a confidential substantial seven figure dollar amount in August, 2012
- Jane Doe v. Total Body Essential Nutrition, Inc., et. al., State Court of DeKalb County, 08A93273-1 Plaintiff purchased and ingested over a one month period a vitamin mineral supplement that had been mis-formulated with excessive amount of chromium and selenium causing temporary hair loss, nail loss and loss of thyroid function. Plaintiff only had $4,142 in medical expenses. Plaintiff contended Defendants had covered over their mistakes by falsifying documents and punitive damages were appropriate. Case settled for a confidential seven figure settlement on the eve of trial in May, 2011.
- Chavis v. Hogan, State Court of Fulton County, CAFN 2009ev006409C. 82-year-old school crossing guard sustained a fractured ankle, mild closed head injury (temporary) and back injury. State Farm had offered $65,000.00. Verdict for $573,217.00 awarded on August 29, 2010.
- Freeman v. Goodman, Circuit Court of Hamilton County, TN Case no. 07-C.237. Thirty year-old female damaged by perforation of duodenum during upper endoscopy. Largest verdict for Malpractice case in Chattanooga, TN.Verdict of $12,000,000 awarded on April 30, 2009.
- Patton v. Ellington, State Court of Fulton County Case no. 2007ev002368d. Eighteen year-old boy injured in jet ski accident; internal injuries and back surgery. Settled for $1,400,000.00 prior to trial, 2008.
- Donald v. State Farm, DeKalb State Court CAF 06A55868-6; Plaintiff, a 23 year old female, suffered a fractured C4-5 resulting in quadriplegia. Case settled shortly before trial for $6,600,000.00 in 2007.
- Jane Doe v. Firestone and Ford Motor Company; Cobb County State Court CAF 2000A-5608; Multi-million dollar settlement of closed head brain injury for Ford Explorer rollover case.
- Pape v. Nekton Diving Cruises, Inc.; U. S. District Court of Southern Florida CAF 98-6191; Multi-million dollar settlement of closed head brain injury under Jones Act occurring in waters off the Bahamas.
- Hanchey v. Valuejet, Fulton County State Court CAF 97 VS 0122299; Multi-million dollar settlement of wrongful death case from plane crash in Florida.
- Obtained numerous multi-million dollar settlements where the Defendants insisted on confidentiality agreements which does not allow us to reveal the amount of the settlement, including but not limited to:
- Swanson v. Hollis, et al., Fulton State Court, 07ev002445; Settled December 2008, on the eve of trial.
- Buono v. Green, Fulton State Court, 04vs066173; Settled May 2005, as the case was ready to go to trial.
- Beard v. Graebel, DeKalb State Court, 04A27195; Settled May, 2005, as the case was called for trial.
- Ray v. Burkett, Drug Transport, Inc., 05A36995-2, Dekalb State Court, wrongful death of a 30 year old motorcyclist, settled May 2006 as the case was ready to go to trial.
- Davis v. Daniel, State Court of Cobb County; 52 year old motorcyclist sustained an open communited fracture or femur, multiple fractures, fractured writs and knee and ankle; settled for $1,600,000.00 January 2007.
- Largest Reported Dog Bite Recovery in Georgia: DeKalb State Court CAF 06A48496-4; Minor child, dog bite on cheek. Dog was part pit bull and had bitten before. $12,149 in past medical bills; Settled for $450,000.00 in December 2006. Largest reported verdict for Dog Bite in Georgia Verdict/Settlement Database.
- $725,000 for Loss of Consortium; Mitchell v. Carson, Cherokee State Court, CAF 05SC0195; Plaintiff's husband was severely injured in an automobile accident with multiple fractures of both fibula's and ankles as well as facial fractures. Husband's case was settled. Plaintiff's case was settled without trial in June, 2007.
- Joy v. AAA Auto Club South, US District Court, Orlando, Florida. 26 year old single motorcyclist died when truck turned left in front of him. Toxicology results were positive for metabolites of cocaine and witnesses claimed motorcyclist was speeding and showboating. Settled for $700,000.00 in January, 2007.
- Williamson v. Stowers, et.al.; CAF 01-VS-026506-J; Fulton State Court; $2,000,000 plus $414,237 prejudgment interest; Civil Jury Verdict November 19, 2003; Wrongful death Medical Malpractice of 35 year old female no children; Defendants offered $0.
- Newman v. Regency, et.al., CAF 01-VS-023834E; Fulton State Court; Defendants settled for $962,500 during jury deliberations; Plaintiff pedestrian walked into side of moving car; Plaintiff alleged inadequate safety devices present; damage to C-7.
- Anderson v. Toyota Manufacturing, State Court of DeKalb County, CAF 01A84699-3. . Death of 26 year old fork lift/pallet jack operator. Defendants raised defenses of workers compensation bar, contributory negligence and assumption of the risk. Case settled for a mid six figure amount on the eve of trial in May, 2004.
- Ferri v. Wilhoit, CAF 2002A6627-3; Cobb State Court; Civil Jury Verdict; $120,000 plus $4,069 prejudgment interest; Plaintiff sustained non surgical fractures to pelvis and wrist; Plaintiff cited for failure to yield while turning left; Insurance Company had $25,000 policy; Insurance Company refused to pay and had to pay five times policy limits.
- Copps v. United Parcel Service, CAF D-57322, Fulton Superior Court; $3,000,000.00; Wrongful Death Auto Accident; Civil Jury Verdict; $3 Million Awarded for Love of Life, Fulton Daily Report May 3, 1990.
- Stephanos v. Myrick, CAF E-20423; Fulton Superior Court; $2,227,385.00; Personal Injury Auto Accident; Civil Jury Verdict; Fulton Daily Report January 25, 1995.
- Gregory v. Donaldson; Fulton Superior Court; $2,250,000.00; Personal Injury Auto Accident (closed head injury); Civil Jury Verdict; October, 1989.
- Merritt v. JTT Trucking & Equipment, Rockdale Superior Court; $1,310,000.00; Personal Injury Auto Accident (fractured femur); Civil Jury Verdict; Largest Civil Verdict at that time in Rockdale County; Atlanta Policeman Wins Suit Over '98 Collision in Rockdale; Atlanta Journal Constitution December 16, 2000; Fulton Daily Report, December 28, 2000.
- Granger v. Hill Construction Co.; Pike Superior Court; $600,000.00; Personal Injury Auto Accident (fractured femur); Civil Jury Verdict; Pike jury awards record judgment; The Thomaston Times, April 30, 1992.
- Findlay v. Sawyer, CAF E-13033; Fulton Superior Court; $335,000.00; Personal Injury Auto Accident (soft tissue injury only - negative MRI); Civil Jury Verdict.
- Phinazee v. Downey, CAF 90A-14748; DeKalb State Court; $225,000.00; Personal Injury (broken foot); Record Verdict in Division 5 Civil Jury Verdict; Fulton Daily Report, Monday February 11, 1991.
- Fletcher v. Guy; $95,525.00; Cobb Superior Court; personal injury action (soft tissue only); Civil Jury Verdict; 1992.
- Robertson v. Bacon; Fulton Superior Court; $150,000.00; Personal Injury Auto Accident (soft tissue only); Civil Jury Verdict; October, 1991.
- Sertich v. Pizza Hut; Fulton Superior Court; $100,000.00; Personal Injury (soft tissue only); Civil Jury Verdict.
- Hendrix v. Dearing; Cobb Superior Court; $408,000.00; Personal Injury (soft tissue only); Civil Jury Verdict; 1984 (record verdict in Cobb County).
injury, catastrophic injury and wrongful death attorney in Atlanta, Georgia.
© 2009 by Dwyer Law Group
All rights reserved. Disclaimer
Dwyer Law Group
2100 Riveredge Parkway, Suite 700
Atlanta, Georgia 30328
At the Dwyer Law Group, we represent clients throughout Atlanta, Georgia, including people in Marietta, Roswell, Alpharetta, Tucker, Decatur, Fulton County, DeKalb County, Clayton County, Cherokee County and Cobb County.